Roles and Responsiblities:
- Automation. Automation. Automation. Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements in the DevOps pipeline.
- Continue to bridge gap between development and operations with a strong bias towards Infrastructure as Code.
- Embrace feedback from our engineering teams to improve their SDLC with automation.
- Debug, research, or investigate issues in development and production.
- Use Jira for tracking work items through sprints.
- Periodic on-call duties to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting.
- 3 or more years of systems administration experience.
- Strong Linux administration skills (RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in modern configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Fabric, etc.).
- Knowledge of network protocols.
- Knowledge of build tools (Gradle or Maven).
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
What will set you apart:
- Deep experience with Chef.
- Large distributed system monitoring experience.
- Having been a part of a successful DevOps team.
- Understanding of Linux containers (LXC) and similar technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- BS/MS in Engineering (or equivalent).
About: ABC Financial
ABC is the industry leader in providing software and billing services for the health club and fitness industry. ABC has a proven track record of growth and stability. We serve over 8,500 clubs with over 15 million members. From tracking member attendance to processing billions of recurring subscription payments for health clubs, ABC works hard to create raving fans through our software solutions. We develop our software solutions in an agile, dynamic environment, and we constantly strive to use the best technologies to achieve our purpose. ABC is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who are passionate about engineering velocity and automation. ABC is currently on the ground floor of implementing a DevOps pipeline utilizing Chef. We develop in an agile, dynamic environment always striving to use the best technologies. We are leveraging Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, and Chef. This pipeline will help the development of Java services and many different UI applications. If you would like a job where you automate all the things and create happy engineers, ABC Financial would be a great place for you!